Stay tuned for a menu to celebrate Yum Kippur.
La Mimouna, a celebration unique to Morocco’s Jews, is held on the last evening of Passover, after the first stars appear in the sky. Local tradition dictates that Jewish families entertain their Moslem friends, and exchange symbolic gifts of food. This traditional menu is exerpted from The Scent of Orange Blossoms: Sephardic Cuisine from Morocco (Ten Speed Press) and co-authored with my friend Danielle Mamane, a resident of Fez.
- Couscous de la Mimouna: Couscous with Onion and Raisin Confit
- Roast chicken with chermoula spices and root vegetables
- Dates filled with almond paste
- Almond and walnut Macaroons
- and of course, FRESH Mint tea